Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thai Coconut Soup

This is one of Mike's specialties and is one of the reasons I love Autumn. It's not only "sweata weatha" but "soup weatha"! I think it's different every time he makes it, but always delicious! He uses a box of veggie broth and a couple cans of coconut milk. This simmers with oyster mushrooms, although he used shitake this time. (I suppose you could use your favorite mushroom and get away with it). He adds salt and pepper to taste, jalapeno pepper to taste and adds lime zest. He tops off with green onion and cilantro before serving with some nice artisan bread. The flavors all compliment each other so nicely, it's truly a beautiful, tasty soup!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's definitely a soup week!! They both look so yummy and I love your site! Share more recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sue to add lots of citrus to this- zest and juice. Or if you can find it, add two spears of lemongrass [crushed]. And lots of hot peppers [Thai hots, green chilis, Habaneros... I used Jalapenos 'cause the market had nothing to choose from!]

    ReplyDelete