Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pasta Night!























Who says pasta night has to be boring? I know, I know....easy way out! But pasta can be good and fun and vegetarian! Don't get me wrong- when I first became veg many years ago all I ate was angel hair pasta and red sauce and bread. That only lasted so long when I not only packed on some pounds but got bored. It was then that I bought some cookbooks and started introducing myself to the art of vegetarian cooking!
But last night we opted for some good ol' pasta.....penne with crushed tomato sauce (with basil and garlic) , a nice multigrain baguette, a shredded red leaf lettuce salad with fresh tomato and parm and of course a bottle of vino! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited about this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Brunch-Homestyle-Asparagus/dp/0738212725
    Being a lover of old fashioned meat & potatoes salty/sweet/starchy comfort food, its reassuring to know I can stop eating meat and remain as such - and EVERY meal should be brunch!! I am just NOT a cold, bitter, vinegary, bean-y, sprout-y, slimy salad person. But that doesn't mean I still can't convert! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will have to check this book out! thanks!

    ReplyDelete