Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Scrumptious Tofu Scramble


















This is a great breakfast dish but we had it for dinner! (My husband calls that "Brinner") I used one block of firm tofu, squeezed of excess water and patted dry. I heated olive oil in my pan and sauteed chopped onion and grated carrot with turmeric (a beautiful yellow spice) and salt and pepper. After the veggies softened just a bit, I crumbled the tofu in my hands right over the pan and mixed until all ingredients were blended. I added chopped parsley right before I removed from pan and into serving bowls. I decided to add veggie sausage pieces right into the scramble which I had heated up in a separate pan. (I used a frozen variety like Morning Star Brand) We served with slices of crusty artisan bread. Yum.

1 comment: